Local people and groups from across North Ayrshire are invited to bid for up to £1250 for initiatives which will improve food access in their community.
Funding applications should meet three or more of North Ayrshire’s Fairer Food pledges and priorities:
- To enhance the wellbeing of individuals and communities through access to good food;
- Promote the social value of food and support people in opportunities such as volunteering, learning
and access to wider activities, with a focus on reducing social isolation;
- Provide dignified opportunities to access food over holiday periods and weekends;
- To engage with partners to improve and/or increase opportunities around food;
- To reduce the environmental impact of food by growing food locally and reducing food surplus/ waste.
Drop in information sessions at each of the following venues will provide further information on the event and applying for funding.
- Thursday 25 April: 10:30-12:30, Saltcoats Library
- Friday 26 April: 14:30-16:30, Largs Library
- Monday 29 April: 12:30-14:30, Kilwinning Library
- Friday 3 May: 10:30-12:30, Kilbirnie Library
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and advice.
Closing date for applications is Friday 10 May 2019 at 5.00 pm.
The Fairer Food Participatory Budgeting Event will take place on Saturday 8 June 2019 from 10.30 am – 12.30 p.m. at Eglinton Park.