Here is our Kilwinning Locality Profile which was completed in September 2017. This is an extensive look at Kilwinning, its characteristics and demographics. This is a useful tool for the locality partnership.
- When asked, 43% of people from the Kilwinning Locality said that living “our lives safe from crime, disorder and danger” was the most important national priority.
- Around 17,250 people live in the Kilwinning Locality.
- It is expected that by 2026 a quarter of the residents (25%) will be 65 or over. This is currently 17%.
- Life expectancy for men in Kilwinning is around 76.2 years in line with the Scottish average of 76.5
- Educational attainment across the Kilwinning Locality is mixed with less than 10% of s5 pupils gaining 3 or more awards at level 6 or above in one area while this almost doubles in other areas.
- 60% of households in the Kilwinning Locality have an income that is less than £30K.
- Average house prices in Kilwinning are £85k while the North Ayrshire average is £92
These are summarised in the presentation that was given at the first Locality Partnership event. Kilwinning data presentation_May2016
This holds the most up to date information available and will help you to understand what the needs or your local area might be. For more information you can check our local priorities page.
Town Centre Audits
This report presents a summary of the Your Town Audit for Kilwinning conducted by Scotland’s Towns Partnership and EKOS (for economic and social development). The Your Town Audit was developed to provide a framework to measure and monitor the performance of Scotland’s towns and town centres using a series of Key Performance Indicators.
Your Town Audit Kilwinning